Tuesday, December 18, 2012

PERU!!

Hello, I am sorry if this letter is confusing but I want to write fast so I have some time to send you some pictures because I am sure that you want them. Well this has just been the time of my life! I am so happy to be here in Peru. I sent you a letter so hopefully you get it for Christmas. The food here is amazing! I love it, I still haven't got sick like everyone said I would, the food is so good, compared to American food this is delicious! I am not looking forward to eating U.S. food when I get home, it's to good here. I got your dear elder mom on Friday, so that's the time frame! That is crazy about Justin's call!!!!! we are all over the world! I assume that he is speaking Spanish as well? I am not excited for one reason, because Spain, Spanish speakers develop a lisp, and it is super annoying! ha ha. but that is awesome! tell him congrats! About how he got his call, that is sad, but at least he got it!
So the Latinos here are hilarious, they are my favorite people ever! I love them, we are getting all new Latinos today, and the CCM is going to be packed to over capacity. the weather is amazing, and I am starting to get some of my skin color back, and a nice watch tan line. we play futbol, like everyday!!!! As gringos, we suck at it! They have this soda here called inca cola, and it is amazing!!!It is like a mix of cream soda, and bubblegum! it is the best tasting thing ever!!!!
We got to go proselyting on Saturday for like 5 hours, and it was the best thing ever! my companion for that was Elder Varas! we placed two Books of Mormon, and I did one of them on my own, the language is coming along very well, and I am so happy to be immersed in the culture here! the time I have been here has been amazing, but I am so excited to get to the field.
We got to go do endowment sessions at the temple today and I didn't use the translator and I actually understood it!! I love this language, and the people here are so nice, they will just stop you on the street and ask who you are, so we always get to share the gospel.
The way we get to the Temple is by public but, those are fun they just zoom up by the curb and you pile on, it doesn't matter how many people are on the bus as long as you get to squeeze in somewhere! it is quite an entertaining ride.
Don't worry about my weight, I have gained back about 4 pounds since being here, so don't worry about that!
So about Christmas, first, we get to go do service at an orphanage on Christmas Eve day, it is going to be the best thing ever! I am so excited for it!
and Christmas day, I don't think that I am going to be able to call home, but they did say that we get to email home, and I think they are changing my pday anyways because we are being moved to the advanced class tomorrow since we will be the oldest in the MTC so I might get to email twice that week. but I don't know. umm about letters, I am not sure how well letters work, but dear elders seem to work well here.
I don't really know what else to say. I am really sorry if I didn't answer all of your questions, the timer in the corner is very ominous! is scares me haha.
I hope that you have a great Christmas, and remember that it is about the Savior! I love you all so much!!! keep me updated on mission calls that are received, it is fun to here where everyone is going. Again congrats to Justin tell him not to develop the lisp though!!!!!
I can't believe that I only have 3 weeks left here, my seventh week begins tomorrow! I really hope that I can continue improving on the language! I love you so much!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I look forward to your email next week!!! mom and dad thank you so much for the best example ever that you set for me growing up!! I love you!!
Love Elder Gasolina (that's how the Latinos pronounce my name)
con mucho amor.
 
P.S. 
I forgot to tell you, my companion is from Washington that's for you dad, I know you love to know about my companions. I hope you enjoy my pictures. so many fun things are going on here.
well I need to go now, I have to go finish doing my laundry and getting our room ready for the new missionaries coming in today. We have like 100 or more Latinos and 12 north Americans, so in total there is going to be like 49 or 53 north Americans here which is more than they have ever had it should be interesting. I am so excited to get the field, you have no idea!!! I really want to go so bad I just want to shout the Gospel to the world!!
Love Elder Goaslind!!!!!!
 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment