Friday, December 14, 2012

In Peru!!!

Hey everybody!! I made it to Peru!!! So I am going to warn you right now, you won´t be getting any pictures this week, because we didn´t even know that we were going to be emailing! So you will have to wait until my next pday, and we have pdays on Tuesdays!! PERU IS AMAZING!!!!! I hate to say it, but I am not going to be coming home, sorry!! I love it here and I have barely even been here! It is so pretty here! I can't wait for you to see the pictures that I send home next week, I love this MTC so much more than the Provo one, it is definitely smaller, but it is amazing! So what is new in Salt Lake City since I last talked to you yesterday? I actually have to follow emailing time limits here because these computers keep a tally for you! so I have to type fast! I don't even know what to say to you! we got into the airport in Lima at about 11:00 pm and we got all of our bags, everybody's came through! We then got through immigration and customs easily, and as we were going to find our ride to the MTC there was a HUGE group of Peruvians in the airport waiting for people coming off the planes, and as we walked past them they smiled and yelled hola at us and shook our hands! it was awesome! Peruvians are the nicest people ever! and the city is insane, nobody follows traffic laws so we were on our nice big bus going to the MTC, and it was like a roller coaster ride with people honking every 2 seconds! I love it! We got to the MTC and we got our room assignments ect. and in my room I have my companion and I, and then there are 4 other native missionaries, so we woke them up when we got there at like 12:30 a.m. and finally went to bad at 1:00 a.m. My companion is Elder Brey's old companion. His name is Elder Johnson, he is really nice! so far we have been getting along good, so lets hope it stays that way! It was so nice, since today is our pday and we got in late last night they allowed us to sleep in until 9:30 and then go to breakfast and stuff once we got up. We gave our visas to the administrators here and they keep them for us until the end of our missions! Now I don't have to worry about losing it. Sorry if things seem spelled wrong or punctuated wrong in my emails now, the keyboards here are different because they moved all of the punctuations around to make room for the Spanish accents and stuff, it is very difficult to get used to.
Tonight we are going to meet our branch president, I am way excited. I saw elder Allen this morning and he seems to be doing really well! I haven't seen Elder Gallegos yet, but I should because there is like no one in this MTC. I have seen a couple of other missionaries I knew in the Provo one though. So it is good to see familiar faces. There were 13 missionaries that came here yesterday from Provo, and they have put all of us in a district together, so we don't have any native speakers in our district but that's okay, because I can't even understand them when we are talking to them in our room. The weather here is so nice!! its like 70 degrees or something like that, and it feels perfect, we leave the windows and doors open all day so we get a magnificent breeze wherever we are, it's beautiful here. The courtyard of the CCM has a fountain and is amazing, plus it has a ping pong table out side. The one thing that is weird here, is the elders and sisters are all in the same residence building and there is just a door in the middle of the hallway separating us, in Provo that would have never been okay. So it is a little different here. I haven't really tried any of the food because all we have for breakfast this morning was cereal, but the milk here tastes different, apparently they put sugar in all of there milk in South America, or something like that, so it tasted kind of tart, but it was good. I feel bad that I didn't get to call a lot of people yesterday at the airports but our layovers were very short, and get this, after I talked to mom and dad in Miami we boarded then plan at like 4:15, and then we didn't even take off until 5:30!!!!! it was ridiculous!! oh well though. haha, the lady next to me on the plane had to translate my customs form for me because they were all in Spanish, she was getting very frustrated because she couldn't translate certain words into English, so she finally said "that's all I can do" haha she was so nice, one of the missionaries in our group placed a Book of Mormon on the plane, the guy next to him asked who we were and he explained and the guy was really interested and took the Book of Mormon, and he told the Elder that he would read it!!!
Oh mom, I am sorry but they told us not to have people send us packages in the CCM. it's really sad, but oh well I am only in here for like 4 weeks, so it won't be bad, and everyone here is super nice!!! Everyone who came yesterday in our group is going to somewhere in Peru and all of them are way jealous because Cusco has Machu Pichu in it!!! Is there anything else that you would like to know, I can't think of anything else to write, but I am so extremely happy to be here right now, I know that this is where I need to be, and that going on a mission is definitely the right choice for me!! Tell everyone back at home that I say hi, and hope they are all doing well. I can't wait to find out where Justin gets called to. How do my friends feel that I am in Peru now ??? it seems so unreal!! I love it here, this is the best thing in the world!!! I hope to here from you soon!! Mom I think the MTC address is in my mission booklet that I got with my call, because I have no idea what my address is here, so I am not sending out any letters until I get them from others. Will you please find out my address, and tell people, don't worry about the PO box, it will still get to me, and don't forget about dear elder pouch mail!!! I only have like a minute left!!! I love you all so much!! I can't wait to here back from you!! this church is true!!! missionary work is the best, and Peru is the best!!!!!!
I love you!!
con mucho amor
Elder Goaslind!!!
 
Salt Lake Airport
(Thank you Kevin Vilchinsky for the wonderful pictures)
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment