Thursday, February 28, 2013

HOLA FROM PERU!

Hey everybody!!

How is everything going! I don´t have a lot of time to write today because the computer was being dumb, and because I was reading about my new mission president in our mission email! We are going to have a gringo, and I think he is from Provo Utah! That will be interesting! I hope he knows Spanish or he is going to have a horrible time! So guess what, they sent us all a list of new missions and mission presidents, and they are opening 2 new missions in Peru! How awesome is that!!! Also, in the year 2013 there are going to be 54 NEW MISSIONS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!! The work of the lord truly is hastening and I have a strong testimony of that! I know that the lord has a plan, and that missionary work is a very real and very important part of that plan!!!!

So first of all if I am correct, Paula’s farewell was yesterday! How was it? That’s crazy that this week is March, and she will be leaving!!! I just can’t even comprehend that in 2 years we are all going to come back speaking different languages!!! And I know the language will come because it has been quickly coming for me, I can have fluent conversations now and rarely have to ask what something means! Just know a lot is through context.

So mom about the package that you are going to send, please send lots of pop tarts, my comp wants beef jerky haha, umm if you can, some peanut butter because here is costs 26 soles. Also Snickers, Milky Way, Twix, and M&M's, lots of food, I am always hungry!!!!!

I am happy to hear that Ashley’s baby shower went well! That’s awesome! She only has about a month left until the baby comes, and in the pictures she looks like she should be due!!! Also yes please include a copy of dad’s lesson, I like to read those, they are very good and I learn a lot.

My new companion is awesome! His name is Elder Velarde, he is from Bolivia, and has 17 meses en la mission (months in the mission). We get along really well, and he likes to work hard which is really good!!! I think we will get along just fine. So this week during estudio de compañeros, (I don´t know how to say that in English sorry) (companion study) we were talking about the Book of Mormon, and it made me realize how much I love el libro de mormòn (The Book of Mormon)! It is essencial for our lives. Always use it!!

So also today we read 1 Samuel 17 about David y Goliath, and applied it to missionary work and how we have our armas (to arm), with our testimony and the gospel, and how we are in battle right now against Goliath! It’s so importante to remember that siempre necesitamos (we always need to) rely on our lord, and keep him in our lives to fight against Satan.

If you thought that every night in your mission you would be in bed at 10:30, that’s a lie, because we didn´t get to go to bed until 4 in the morning on Monday, because we were picking up missionaries and dropping them off with their new companions! It was horrible, I was so tired! But that’s okay, it was fun!!!

I am sorry to hear about Bob Tingey, that must be hard! But remember that it was part of god’s plan for him, and that families are eternal!

I don´t know if I told you this last week, but there are going to be 30 new missionaries in this mission in the next transfer, and they are going to open a bunch of new sectors!!! It is so exciting!

Oh so this week we didn´t have pension because the lady was out of town, and so we had to cook for ourselves, that was interesting, let’s just say that I has a lot of huevos (eggs) !
But yesterday a member cooked chicken cordon bleu for us, and it was fantastic!!!!

So there isn´t much else to say this week, because nothing much happened, but we are expecting around 3 baptisms in March, which will be good, we have one for this Saturday, and our zone in total for Febrero had 19 baptisms!!! It was awesome!

Also I want you to know that I am finding it harder and harder to speak in English, every time I try I can´t remember words, and things come out in Spanish, and let’s just say it’s going to be interesting in two years, I understand now why Jantzen had such a hard time like you said!

Well, I need to go so that my companion can email. Because we have to use the same computer. But know that I love you all so much, and that I miss you! Remember to read your scriptures daily, and to pray always! This gospel isn´t just another church, we have the truth and we need to share it! If we don´t share it we are missing out on many blessings!!! I love you all, and I challenge you to share the gospel with 1 person this week not of our faith, don’t have fear, be like David when he went against Goliath, he didn´t have fear! Don´t have fear, take your testimony and share it! That is why we are on earth, to progress and help others progress!!

I love you have a fantastic week!

LOVE ELDER GOASLIND

PS: Mom and dad, don´t worry about me, I am fine, I have the lord with me! I'm a missionary!!!

PSS: Tell Bishop Ellis that I say hi, and thank him for everything he has ever done for me to help me get to this point in my life, he is such a great example!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment