Monday, March 4, 2013

ARANAS!! (Spiders)

Hey how are things going!!!
I love reading your letters and your testimonies mom and dad!!! And right now it sounds like everything’s going well back in Utah!!!!! Things are going really well in Peru, the work is moving along. We set a goal this morning to have 31 baptisms in the month of Marzo (March) with todo la zona (around the area). I hope that we can do it because that is a very high number. So this is the last week of the transfer and then we are going to get 23 new elders y 7 hermanas. It’s going to be very interesting!!!
Not much happened this week, but president lifted the rule, so now we are able to contact, and be out until 9:30.
So I am really excited because now we can work more.
I have been sick for the past couple days, but it is nothing more than a bad cold, hopefully it will be gone soon, but it’s hard because it rains freaking every day here!!!
So I am starting to get a tan line on my neck where my shirt collar is, so it looks really funny when I where t-shirts.
Also this week we helped a family move on Saturday, and another one yesterday. So no I am really good at moving big furniture with just 2 people because for the most part it was just me and my comp.
Yesterday was fast Sunday and I really enjoyed the fast, I felt the spirit very strong and we saw the lords hand in the work. Also during the sacrament I was thinking and I came up with a list on how to fast.
1. Did you start with a prayer?
2. Do you remember your questions in your prayer?
3. Are you watching for answers to your questions?
4. Are you watching for the blessings?
5. Did you attend sacrament meeting and take the sacrament?
6. Have you paid your tithe?
7. Did you finish with a prayer?
8. Did you remember the lord during your fast?
I thought of those during the sacrament, and I think it is a very good guide when we are fasting. In the next fast Sunday try those steps and siempre remember the spirit.
Also during my studies I found some quotes I want to share. .....when we understand why we serve, we will not worry about where we serve..... Pres. Howard W. Hunter...
also.....give me a young man who has kept himself morally clean and has faithfully attended his church meetings. Give me a young man who has magnified his preisthood and has earned the duty to god award and is an eagle scout. Give me a young man who is a seminary graduate and has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon. Give me such young man, and I will give you a young man who can perform miracles for the lord in the mission field and throughout his life.....Pres. Ezra Taft Benson.....
I found that last quote and I was very proud to say that I have completed all of those requirements that an apostle of the lord has asked. when we do what the lord asks he can perform miracles through us!!!!
So this Saturday the sisters that we share a sector with have a baptism and I got to baptize him. It was so cool, and he has such a strong testimony. I love seeing people’s lives change in the mission, and I am so proud to be a servant of the lord here in Peru!!!
Well I don´t have much else to say, but I will let you know when I get the package, and the debit cards.
I am so happy to hear that you are going to go to the temple as a family! I truly have a testimony of the power of the temple and I know that when we make time to do things of the lord he will bless us more than we can receive!!! Let me know your experiences in the temple!
Well not much else. Let me know how Paula’s farewell goes when it comes around!!!
I can´t believe that that this week on the 7th I will already have 4 months in the mission, the time is flying by and I can´t even believe it!
I love all of you so very much and can´t wait to hear from you!!!
Sorry if I didn´t answer all the questions, it’s hard to read and remember!
have a good week!
LOVE ELDER GOASLIND (tù hijo favorito)
PS we had a HUGE spider in our room this week!!! ahhhhh!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment