Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Necesitmos Investigadores


Hey Everybody,
 
How is everything going! I hope that the super bowl commercials were good!!! Before I forget, tell Emma and Justin happy birthday for me because both of their birthdays are on the 7th of this week!!! Paula that is freaking insane how close you are to going!!! I remember the month before my mission and how nervous and excited I was to go, just remember that in this time you really need to rely in the lord because he can help you feel comfort and peace before you go, and when you do leave! You are not going to believe how fast the time passes, this week on Thursday I will have 3 months in the mission and I can´t believe it, and on Friday I will have 1 month in the field, the time has absolutely just flown by!!! Justin, you won´t believe how fast the time goes either, and don´t worry about the language, I was terrified, but as you continue to prayer for the gift of tongues, and study hard and do what you are suppose to the lord will bless you, I am still surprised by all the compliments I get on my Spanish by the natives here, they are say that I am able to speak very well, which I don´t believe, but I do know that this is the work of the lord, because there is no way I could have learned this on my own! Josh, that is awesome that you received your call, you are going to love your mission, it is so weird to think that I am in Peru, Paula will be in Rome, Justin in Barcelona, and Josh in Romania!!!! We are all over the place, and it is all for the same reason! The work of the lord is hastening and it is our responsibility to bring the souls of our brothers and sisters unto Christ all over the world!!!

Mom I hope that you are feeling better, that is not fun to be sick, yesterday was fast Sunday and I felt terrible, my stomach had a ton of issues, and my head was pounding for the entire day, and I couldn´t sleep, but I am starting to feel a little better today, but being sick is no fun, I hope that you feel better.

Dad, I forgot to tell you last week that I can´t wait to get a copy of your lesson, I am sure that I can find some way to use it here, especially since I will have to speak in sacrament at some point.

I still haven’t actually received the first package, but the zone leaders are going to the oficina today and they said that they are going to look for me, so I hope that it is there. But I am not too worried about it.

So this past week was interesting. We spent all pday last week in the plaza de armas again, but a few of us went and saw Cristo Blanco, which was pretty cool. And I am sending a picture of that for you guys to see. ALSO I saw my very first llama!! It was like the happiest moment of my life! Ha-ha I have been waiting for almost a month to see one and I finally did!!!

So this week we didn´t do like any work in our own sector, because my comp is district leader he had a ton of entrevistas bautismal (baptismal interviews) this week, and so we were always with other elders! But we are hoping that next week goes better.

On Saturdays we do this thing called invasion, where our entire zona chooses two sectors and we proselyte para obtener referencias por los elderes en eso sector proselyte (to obtain references for the elderes in that sector), and I went with Elder Quito and both of us are new in the mission but he has 4 months. And we got the best logros (interest) in the zone. We got 8 new investigators, and 9 contacts. Too bad it wasn´t for my own sector.

So my Spanish is getting better and better every day which is good. And I am starting to participate more in the lessons that we teach which I am sure is very helpful for my compi.

Oh guess what happened yesterday, I went to get in the shower real fast in the morning, and we don´t have a lot of time on Sundays because our church is at 8. And I turned the shower on, and the power went out in our apartment which sucks! because if you want hot water there has to be electricity since it is an electric thing attached to the shower head that heats the water, so with no power no hot water, which means there are two options either shower with basically ice, or don’t shower. So I chose the latter.

Oh and Tyler will find this funny, I received my first beso (kiss) yesterday! We had an investigator saying goodbye to us after attending sacrament, and ya.... she didn´t understand that missionaries don´t do that whole beso (kiss) thing when greeting and saying good bye like everyone else does most awkward experience of my life, and my compi won´t let me live it down!

So cool experience. I was teaching a lesson with Elder Quito, and this lady wouldn´t accept our invitation to pray, because she thought she had never sinned, and didn’t need to pray, so I was going to bear my testimony about prayer, and all of the sudden I was speaking and didn´t really know what I was saying, but when I finished the lady looked at me and very solemnly said ¨´I am going to pray, I promise the next time you come I will have prayed´´, I have such a strong testimony of the gift of tongues! I know that when the lord needs something he is going to give you the words to say in the precise moment that you need them!

This week I will bear my testimony in English so mom doesn´t have to try and translate!
I know that this is the Lord's work, and that he needs missionaries. Without missionaries we wouldn´t be able to bring others unto Christ.
I have a testimony of the gift of tongues, and I know that without the lord I wouldn´t be able to learn Spanish!
The reason that I am called to this mission is because the lord knows that I will be able to preach his gospel the best in the Spanish language, and that the people in Cusco are going to recognize me as a servant of the lord with power and authority from him. But don´t forgot that the lord gives all of us power and authority, but differently in order to further his work, whether you are a missionary or not you have special gifts and talent from the lord that he EXPECTS you to use.
I know that this church is true, and that without this church in our lives we would be lost. It is so important to remember the lord in everything that we do.

Well I am out of time. I love hearing from all of you. And I hope that you get my letters soon that I sent home.

Remember to rely on the lord and everything will work out! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Have a fabulous week!

 
Love Elder Goaslind

 
PS sorry if I didn´t answer questions, but it is hard to remember everything after reading the letters!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment