Saturday, November 10, 2012

First Week in the MTC

Hola! Como le va?
How are things going back at home? Well we only have half a PDay today so we only enough time to write an email, and a couple letters while doing laundry. Well this first week has been absolutely exhausting!! Wednesday was insane, we got here and basically they sent us straight to class and we were there almost all day. Thursday and friday, we had about 8 hours of class each day, plus we had like 3 hours of personal and language study. so we spend almost all day in the classroom, and are barely ever in our room. Umm I don't know if you saw, but my expected departure date is on November 27, so lets hope and pray that my visa comes. I love the MTC, and my companion is awesome, his name is Elder Gallegos, and actually today we have one of the Elders going home for some reason so me and elder gallegos are going to become a Trio with Elder Allen, so that will be pretty awesome! I feel like I am getting better and better each day at the language, I already understand a lot of what the Maestro says en la clase, and I am beginning to speak a little bit myself, pero, just un poco. I am hoping that over the next couple of days I pick up the language even more. Yesterday we taught our first investigator, her name es Maria, and the whole lesson had to be in spanish, I feel like we did pretty well thank to mi compenero. he speaks really good spanish, so I am lucky because I could only understand the conversation, I had no clue what to say. Umm, iIwas going to email some pictures home today, but apparently you have to have some sort of special adapter that you plug into the computer and then you plug your sd card into that, the church blocks us from plugging the camera cord straight into the computer. I don't know why, but it is pretty lame. well basically the MTC is amazing, and you can always feel the spirit no matter what. I was made senior companion, and my compenero was made district leader, so basically sunday I will be going to meetings with him all day long. Plus I found out that we have to write a talk for sacrament each week and the whole thing has to be in espanol, so that should be pretty interestante. Umm there is not much else to say at this point in time because I have only been here for a couple of days, so nothing really exciting. but it did snow like a foot yesterday so it is extremely cold. Tonight we are teaching Maria again and we planned our whole lesson so lets hope that everthing goes well. Apparently I can attach files today because a kid in my district had one of the adapters so I hope that the pictures work. I miss you all and please tell everyone that I say hi, im going to finish my laundry now and go to class for 8 hours :) yipee! Love you and I will talk to you later!
Con Mucho Amor
Elder Goaslind
 




No comments:

Post a Comment