Friday, November 16, 2012

Made It through week one!!!!!

 
Hola mi familia!!!
How in the heck are things going back at home? it sounds like everything is going okay, and I hope that is completely true! Mom sorry if some of the "I"'s aren't capitalized, it is hard to remember to do that sometimes. Well this week has been full of all sorts of ups and downs. My companions and I kind of hit a wall these past two days in our learning, we just feel like we aren't progressing anymore like all of the other companionships. People weren't joking when they said that missions are the hardest things that you will ever do. But I know that as we rely on the Lord we can work through this rough patch. I hope that I am able to answer all of the questions that I have been asked because there were a lot of them :D
To start off, the food is good, but for some reason I don't have a big appetite and so I only eat about half of my food everytime we have a meal, and I am pretty sure that my companions think something is wrong with me. But oh well :D I weighed 149.6 pounds when I left, and I now as of yesterday weigh, 145.3 or something like that, so I have lost a little bit of weight but oh well, as long as it is not to severe.
I think that is hilarious that sister Bates facebooked you mom. She is very nice, and during one of our first lessons she saw my name and asked if my cousin was Sarah Goaslind or something like that I think. not quite sure, I didn't understand a lot of spanish then on the third day, but I am getting better. yesterday we challenged her to baptism and she declined after like 10 minutes of explaining IN SPANISH why we had to be baptized by immersion. But she said that she would continue to think about it. Yesterday was our last day teaching Sister Bates, AKA Maria.
I think that it would be a good idea to have more contacts instead of sending them to Peru, but you have like 9 weeks to send them to me, because I got my notice yesterday in the mail that my visa is not here and I will continue training at the Provo MTC. There are 4 phase trainers in our district and 2 of them are leaving on the 27th of november, but my companion and I are both staying here to train, unless our visas still come sometime soon. But I am not upset about it because I now that the Lord has a plan for me and that this is probably just part of it.
Thank you so much for the cookies mom, my companion Elder Allen ate almost an entire bag of them! I guess you could say he thinks they are good :D
The missionary newsletter was way good and I am so happy that all of the others are doing well. I just realized that I could be in the MTC with Mallory because my visa is not here.
Dad you wanted to know where my companions are from, Elder Gallegos is from Blackfoot, Idaho, and Elder Allen is from Rexburg, Idaho.
 On wednesday we had about a billion new missionaries arrive. Okay we really only had like 780 which is the most the MTC has had come in one day, but thats because they aren't coming next week due toThanksgiving. We got a new district in our branch, and I think they all think we are entirely crazy because druing class when we are bored we just role by their room on our rolly chairs and pull funny faces at them. :P We get kind of ADD when we have to sit in the same chair in the same room all day long but, thats okay because that is what is going to help us learn. There are so many rules to remember here. We not only have to remember the mission rules, but our branch president gave us a ton of rules also, like no hands in pocket, suit coat buttoned up everytime you stand, never use "guys, dudes, etc" ALWAYS use elders, or sisters. It's taking some getting use to. My teacher is awesome, Hermano Hales, last night he was talking to my companions and I after class for like 15 minutes because he could tell we were just having the worst day, and he gave us the best pep talk. The Lord puts people into your life because he knows you need them. I am so thankful for the things that I have learned thus far and I hope to continue to learn. Tyler wrote me a letter and at the end of it said "all things are possible in Christ." It has really helped me because that thought is always on my mind now, and I truly know that through Christ everything is possible. My favorite days here are Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. the devotionals that we have on Sundays and Tuesdays are amazing. When you are in a big room full of missionaries the spirit is indescrible. There were a few times this week where I was almost brought to tears because of the spirit I felt, and one time when I was literally brought to tears as the spirit testified to me of the importance of the priesthood. I love this gospel with all mi corazon! Yo se que Jesucristo es el Salvador. Estoy agradecido por la Expiacion. Translation, I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior, and I am grateful for the atonement. I have come so close to Christ in this past week and can't wait to get to Peru and help others come close to him also.
I love all of you so much! Keep writing me, mom feel free to tell my friends about DearElder.com because I think they would like to use it also. But also everyone remember that handwritten letters are so special to missionaries, and that we hold them close to our hearts. Alright I am going to go now because I am already like 10 minutes over my limit, but thats okay because the computers in the laundry room don't time you, you time yourself :D I love you and always remember to rely on Christ. He loves all of us so much and wants what is best for us. we are all missionaries in our way, so invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo! Love you have have a wonderful week!

Con Mucho Amor

Elder Goaslind
 
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment