Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy After Thanksgiving!

Hola!

How is everybody doing? I really enjoy getting letters from everybody! It makes my day when I get to read about things going on at home. I feel bad though, because I get all these things from home, and we have an Elder Wilson in our district, and he hasn't got anything the entire time we have been here, except for a really short e-mail from his mom. We don't know what to do for him, we are thinking of having some of each one of our friends write him letters so that he gets something, but we haven't thought of a final plan yet. Let me know if you have any suggestions for what we could do to help him, he gets really discouraged when we get stuff and he doesn't.
Mom, I forgot to say this last e-mail, but I think that it is awesome that you are studying Predicad Mi Evangelio! (Preach my Gospel). It truly is an inspired book, and I love being able to study it, you truly can learn so many things from it, and the best part is, you don't even have to be a full time missionary to apply its teachings into your life.
Dad, thank you so much for the thoughts from Elder Nash's talk from general conference, I loved it! As a missionary general conference talks are like heaven! whenever you get a chance to read or listen to one it is like opening a present on christmas!
I am so glad to hear that Brooke and Seth's wedding went so well. They make such a perfect couple, and I know that they will be happy together. The blessings of the temple are amazing, and the chance that we have to be sealed together in the temple is awesome!
Sorry, my thoughts are kind of random, but there is so much to type, in such a short amount of time! Thank you so much for all the packages and food that you have sent! My companion loves all of the cookies, and eats them all of the time :D and I am truly grateful for the pringles, because we only get chips with lunch like once a week. But we love getting food because it gives us something to snack on at night as we are writing in our journals and getting ready for bed. I think that the Tri-companionship is working pretty well. It definitely is harder to keep track of two companions, but Elder Allen is leaving for the Peru MTC on Tuesday so it will just be back to Elder Gallegos, and I after that. and our district will be down from 8 people to 6. We have no clue what they are going to do when these two elders leave because that means our district will have three rooms with only 2 elders in each, so we think that some of us might get moved.
Mom you had asked if I saw BJ's friend a lot. I saw him like the first week, but I haven't seen him since then, he isn't in any of my classes, so I think that he might be in the advanced spanish class or something, because we have the same classroom and teacher for all of our classes, there is no changing. So I am not sure whether or not he has got his visa. But I do see Jared Stewart from high school every now and then, and I also see Taran Bailey a lot, and he seems to be doing good. So all of the missionaries going to Mexico are going to be here a lot longer, especially the ones who were suppose to leave next week, because Mexico changed their visa standards, and now they require a certain amount of religion training to go there on missions, so like seminary or institue, so the church is trying to figure that out right now with them.
I feel horrible about Annika and her eczema, that is not fun to be going through, she is in my prayers, as are each and everyone of you.
So now I will tell you a little bit about Thanksgiving because you have never had a child in the MTC for a holiday :D Honestly, everyone should be very jealous, because this was like the best Thanksgiving ever! Not to be mean, but it was awesome! So we woke up, and they said it was suppose to be a continental breakfast, but it was just the usual food they feed us everyday, but this is where it gets good. At 10:00 that morning we had our Thanksgiving devotional, so our district waited in line in the cold from 7:00-10:00, we take our devotionals very seriously! But you will never guess who spoke at the devotional! JEFFREY R. HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was amazing! we were all sitting there waiting to find out who the speaker was, and all of the sudden he walked in through the door, and the room went dead silent and everyone stood up, and we just stood there staring! When he entered the room it was like a huge wave of spiritual awesomeness flooding the room! He gave such an awesome talk, one thing he said that I really liked was, "Buck up and hang in there! Everything we are doing is going to work. We are the generation that is going to make it. It is finally going to work." That thought hit me so hard! we truly are the chosen generation, and this is the last and final dispensation. There were so many other good things said, but too many to add, so you will have to wait for two years until I get home :D After the devotional, we had Thanksgiving dinner at noon, the food was alright, but it definitely wasn't like the food at home! We then got some time to relax until our next meeting where they had musical numbers, and talked about everything we were thankful for. After the we ate sack lunch dinner in our rooms, and then helped in a humanitarian project and put together 8700 health and education kits for kids in Mali, Africa. I have some pictures of that, that you will see when you get the email. It was amazing to see everyone pull together to do good. One of my favorite parts though was at night, we all met in the big auditorium, and they gave each missionary a big bag of popcorn, and we all watched "17 Miracles" together. It was so amazing, I love that movie, and being a missionary I felt the spirit so strong and I truly came to understand how grateful I am for the easiness of my own life compared to what they had to go through to make it to Zion. So basically Thanksgiving was a party! It was nice not having to go to class that day.
Umm, some favors, please tell the Jensons thank you for the cookies they sent, I am going to write them, but I think if you told them thanks also it would be awesome!
I need you to send me some things mom :D could you please please please send me 2 cheap paperback Books of Mormon? We listened to a talk that said if you read the Book of Mormon with a single question in mind, and use 1 book for that question and mark up everything that relates to it, or your inspired about, you will find all sorts of answers. so I am going to do that throughout my mission. also I need you to send me a little hand held pencil sharpner please. I hate having to ask for stuff but I need it :D
I haven't heard anything about my visa, but I have a feeling that I am going to be here for Christmas which would be fine with me, other than the coldness. So just keep praying that it comes, a kid who has been here 9 weeks and is going to Cuzco, he is my zone leader, he just got reassigned to Alabama and goes Monday. Well I love hearing from all of you so keep writing me :D
I hope your Thanksgiving was awesome! Remember that we are the chosen generation, and we NEED to bring out the kingdom of God here on the earth. Every member is a missionary! don't forget that. I love all of you, have a GREAT week.

Con Mucho Amor!

Elder Goaslind
 
 



Alex's District

 






No comments:

Post a Comment