Monday, April 8, 2013

Hello there in Salt Lake City, Utah!!!!

So this email is going to be filled with all sorts of things!!! And sorry I don’t have any pictures, I didn’t take any this week. First I want to say happy birthday to Ashley and dad this month of April!!!
So I finally received the Easter package/party package from my friends. Thank you so much! Mom I love the tie, and the scripture quote it has on the back. so this week was interesting, I was bitten by my first dog, but luckily he bit my pants, so it didn’t break the skin because there was something blocking his teeth, and he was just a little guy so it was okay!!
Last Monday I sent home an envelope with letters for the brothers, Justin, and Josh Degraw. Sorry no other friends yet, I am working on those for later, but I wanted to send one for Justin and Josh to get it to them before they leave.
So I am sorry this isn’t anything new for you guys, but I was sick again this week. I could only eat about 1 meal a day, I had a fever, chills, migraines, stomach problems, but I am feeling a little better now.
So about general conference. I actually got to watch it all in English except for priesthood but I could understand. Me and another North American elder streamed it in on the bishop’s computer on the internet, so we watched it in his office! It was awesome! I loved every single talk!! Especially Elder Holland and President Monson. They are so inspiring, and it always makes me want to be a better person!!! I wish I could watch conference every day!!! Now we have to wait until October to watch it, and by that time I will have about 11 months in the mission! Holy crap!!! But conference was good, I really enjoyed it, it truly was inspiring and you can tell that these men and women are inspired from God, to guide us through this troubled world with their counsel. I now have a huge desire to help everyone understand this!!! This world needs the gospel; there is no way we will find absolute peace in the world without it. And for that we have missionaries now 65,000 around the world teaching and bringing more people to Christ!!!! What things did you all learn from conference that you want or need to apply in your lives, don’t tell me because it’s something personal, but think about it and how you can change your lives to draw more near to the Savior, I know that through our Savior all things are possible, and we can only progress in this life through him. I am so grateful to be his servant here in Peru, and I can’t believe all the blessings I have seen poured into my life as I serve diligently!!!
 
So I want to share this funny poem I wrote with you guys, I don’t know why I wrote it, I guess I was tired one day. haha it says...
Well the first week of April is over....
I’m starting to feel old,
But don’t worry I am not growing mold.
Cusco is cool,
But I want to take a dip in the pool.
With all this walking,
My feet are squawking.
All this rice is pretty bland,
I guess you could say it kind of tastes like sand.
But I can’t complain, because I’m a missionary.
A servant of the lord!
And with that role, who can be bored!!!!!
 
Haha that is my wonderful and weird thought for the week, hahahaaha!!!
 
So now for the big announcement. So the transfers are in 2 weeks on the 23rd. But I got a call last night at 10 pm from the zone leaders and I have an emergency transfer. Because they need to bring another missionary to Cusco, so I have no clue where I am going yet, all I know is that I travel tonight to my new sector. and the zone leaders told me that they are going to try and make it so I can still go to Macchu Picchu, but they aren’t sure, because normally you have to be in Cusco to go, so they are going to try, but now I might not be able to go until later in the mission if I return to Cusco, and if I never return I have to wait to the end of my mission. So that’s my exciting news, I am leaving for a new sector tonight. I was actually really mad about it, but I got thinking about the scripture that says, I will go and do what the lord hath commanded. And then about the hymn, I will go where you want me to go dear lord... I now the lord has a reason for his change, and that in the other zone there are people who I can help. So I am going to keep a good attitude because I know I am an instrument in the hands of the lord here in Peru.
Well nothing more, sorry if I didn’t answer your questions, I really have a hard time remembering after reading the emails. But I love you all so much, and I love talking with you every week!
I hope to hear from you next week! I love you!!
 
 
LOVE ELDER GOASLNID!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment