Sunday, May 26, 2013

BAPTISMS 9 & 10!!!

(May 20, 2013)

Hey so today I really don’t have a lot of time to write because my companion kept asking me to help him with photos!!! But thank you so much for all of your emails I love hearing from everybody!!! First off I cannot believe how fast that package got there!!! Did it get opened? Or did everything inside make it safely? I am sure you have been looking at all the pictures and videos on the memory card that I sent, enjoy!!! Haha. About the package that you are going to send now, something else please 2 or 3 old spice aqua reef deodorant sticks! They don’t sell much here and when they do it is expensive, they normally just sell sprays, and I really don’t like those! 

Also Adam I hope that you have a fantastic birthday, sorry I couldn’t be there! But I was there in spirit!!!!
 
That is so sad to hear about the Prophet’s wife! I can’t believe that she passed away, nobody here knew, and yesterday during sacrament one of the speakers told us and everybody started talking about it and everybody was so shocked!!! 

So mom I just have to say thank you for teaching me how to suck it up when I was sick before the mission, because my comp does not have that skill he complains about everything!!! About every other morning I have to hear about something new that has a pain, or how he can’t get out of bed because he was sneezing! Ahhhhh it’s driving me insane!! But I am learning patience don’t worry, but again thank you for teaching me that before the mission!!! 

So I can’t believe that Megan and cooper and Zoe and Rachel are all graduating! I feel like they should all still be in Jr. High!!! It’s so weird!! So when does Cooper leave for the mission, you told me where but never told me when! 

I am glad to hear that the health scare with grandma was not a heart attack!!! I have been praying every day for her and her health!!! I hope she continues to get better!! 

Dad to answer your questions, in parts of Peru high elevations yes there is snow, in Puerto no, but other parts yes, but the missionaries never serve where there is snow because nobody lives in those places. And your other question, the best way to find new people is there references. But I personally like to talk to a member whose family aren’t members, because then you have that support of the member in the family and that’s where the majority of my baptisms have come from in the mission, 7 out of the 10 are from part member families.

I hope you have a great time playing golf at the Lowell’s Cup; I can’t wait to play in 2015. 

Haha mom thank you for that update that I have now been in the mission for 201 days!!! I read that and I couldn’t believe it!!! It’s so crazy how fast the time goes by!!! I can’t believe that we are finishing the month of May soon!! How crazy is that!!!! 

Now that I think I have answered the majority of the questions that I can remember I will update you on the mish!

So on Saturday I had baptisms 9 and 10 for my mission!!! It was so awesome!!! 2 young men, and their whole family are members but they had never been baptized I got the chance to baptize Washingtons (and yes you spell his name with an s at the end) and my comp baptized Kleyker. It was so stressful because everyone showed up like 2 hours late and we have to wait for witnesses from the branch. And awww!!!! But the most important is that after all that they got baptized and were confirmed yesterday in church!!!! So now we have to find new people to teach because we are running out of people who are progressing!!!! So that is our goal this week is to find and to challenge!!!! 

The last week flew by!!! I couldn't believe when I woke up this morning and it was pday again!!! Last week I thought about home a little bit more than normal, but I didn’t let that get in the way of my work!!!! Haha. 

So not much else has happened hearing! It has been cold for the past couple days with rain, I have actually had to sleep with a blanket in the night which is weird when you are in Puerto Maldonado. But the people here say it’s normal. That in the summer rains for a week, and then next week is extremely hot, and it’s just a continuous cycle!!! So that’s kind of nice! So we have now entered in week 5 of the change so only 2 more and I will find out if I am going to train or not, I really hope I do!!!! But it’s all up to the lord, so we will see what he says!!! 

So don’t tell Ali, but I am going to give her address to my comp and Tyler can help Ali translate a letter, just because I think it would be way funny because he still talks about her like every day!!! But don’t tell Ali!!!! Well, there isn’t much else to say!!! Not much is happening here, we challenged two people to baptism for June and they accepted but that’s about it for investigators. 

But I love you all so much and I love hearing from you every week!!!! Thank you for all of your support! And I can’t wait to hear all of your crazy stories next week!! Don’t forget to tell me what was in the package I sent you so I can make sure all the things were there!!! 

I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU BUT I AM ON THE LORDS ERRAND AND THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FOR ME RIGHT NOW!!! I HAVE BEEN CALLED BY THE LORD TO BRING HIS CHILDREN BACK TO HIM AND HE HAS GIVEN ME THE POWER AND AUTHORITY TO DO THAT!!!!! THIS CHURCH IS TRUE, AND THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS WORLD THAT CAN TAKE THAT TESTIMONY AWAY FROM ME!!!!!

 

con mucho amor

ELDER GOASLIND

 

SORRY no photos today I don’t have time but I will send baptism photos next week!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment