Tuesday, July 2, 2013

CRAZINESS HERE IN PUERTO!!!!

(email June 24, 2013)

Hola from Puerto Maldonado!!! 

So from all of the emails it sounds like everything is going good at home!!!! So first off, I did not know that Elder Brey got moved to the office, they don’t tell us those things until the next change. But he got moved there as personal secretary I think, because the secretary is going to finish his mission at the end of this change. So that’s why he is there now, the assistants chose him. But that’s cool!!! I think he will do a great job at that!!! So dad to answer your question about when we are going to meet the new president, we have heard that he should be coming to Puerto to visit us the 5th of July. So we will see if that happens, I can’t believe that Presidente Calderon is going to be finishing his mission!!!! In fact yesterday he was in Puerto and after the transmission of all the leaders we had a devotional with president and all the members in Puerto. And afterwards he told all the missionaries to meet us at a pizza restaurant and he spent about 400 soles and bought us all dinner. And we didn’t get back to our room until about 12 at night. So it was way fun to say our final good byes to Presidente Calderon. He was an awesome president.

So I am sorry to hear about Grandpa Van. That’s not fun at all!!! Don’t worry I will keep him in my prayers, and I hope that he heals really soon. Mom you as well, you have to stop getting sick!!!! You need to go to bed early and stop watching The Big Bang Theory and reading your books late into the night, please get better soon and know that I am praying for you!!!! Yes I finally got my package!!!!! Thank you so much for that!!!! 

So what did you have to eat at the Peruvian restaurant that you went too? Was it good? I LOVE PERUVIAN FOOD!!!!!

So yes we did get to watch the transmission yesterday and it was AWESOME!!!!!! It was amazing to see all of those missionaries and to feel the power that we have as missionaries, but also to know that the members are to help us out we can’t do it alone!!!! Some of the things they said were a little surprising like, in due time the missionaries are going to be able to use Facebook and computers to communicate with investigators and members, to find new people to teach. So we will see when all that happens!!!!! Presidente Calderon after that had us all sing Called to Serve in front of all the members, and the spirit was absolutely incredible, all the members whipped out their cameras and were filming and taking photos of us, and I love the fact that I am a missionary!!!!!!! 

So now about my investigators, so this week the 2 marriages and 4 baptisms are still on track to go through. We are waiting on 1 paper more and then everything will be ready!!!!! They are all really excited for their marriages and baptisms. And so am I!!! It’s so nice to see the hard work pay off with bringing others unto Christ!!!! So we talked with the relief society and the presidency is going to cook a wedding cake of 3 levels for the wedding, and we have a ton of other people helping out and giving ideas for everything, so it’s way nice!!!!!! And I am going to take a little money off my card as a gift to buy some decorations, not a lot just something small.

So along with Jacinto, Wilington, Lucila, and Carmen that are going to get baptized this week. In total, our zone, we have 18 people with baptism dates for this Saturday, so starting tomorrow as a zone we are going too fast for all of these people so they can get baptized. I know that if its gods will, through our obedience, and power he will make sure that these people get baptized, because they are ready!!!!! So it is going to be really cool to have that fast as a zone. And please all of you pray that we can get everything done for these marriages, and baptisms because they are ready!!!!! 

So this week we had basically no time to find new people to teach it was insane!!!!!! We have been doing all sorts of papers for the weddings and planning everything with them, and so this week we are going to work really hard to find new people because if we don’t we are not going to have anybody to teach because they are going to become members. So we are going to try and work with the members this week to get some references going and have them help us out like we learned yesterday in the training!!!! 

But the work here is going good, I love my duty as a missionary, and the fact that I get to see people repent and change their lives every day that we teach them, and I know that as I continue working the lord will bless me with the wisdom and spirit I need to help these people!!! You guys have no idea how rewarding a mission is until you have served. But there is a way you can find out a little. And that is to be a member missionary help the missionaries, give references, go with them to their appointments, and they will be ever so grateful for you guys and you will all see the blessings that come from working for the lord!!!! 

As children of god we all have a responsibility to help our brothers and sisters, if you had a family member that wasn’t a member, or wasn’t attending church, wouldn’t you want to help them know the truth or come back to the truth?????? Why can’t you help your other brothers and sisters, WE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF GOD!!!! HELP THEM!!!!!!! 

I want you all to know how much I love each and every one of you, and how big of examples you all are in my life, and I hope that this week is fantastic for you!!!!! Share the gospel with someone this week, or give a reference to the missionaries, it’s our duty as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. If we are to follow the example of Christ we must do these things!!!! 

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!! 

And mom I hope that you have a great birthday this Saturday!!!!!!! How old are you??? 25....again!!!! Hahah I love you have a great birthday!!!!! I hope all your dreams come true!!!

CON MUCHO AMOR
ELDER GOASLIND

 P.S.  Tell Liz and Boyd that their friend Van Evans says hi from Puerto Maldonado. I met him the other day in the plaza and he recognized my last name!!!! Haha the world is so small!!!!!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment