Wednesday, October 30, 2013

General conference, what do the members need to do now??? Hahahaha.



Email from 10-7-2013


So first off I want to say, happy birthday to some people. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PAULA, TYLER, KATIE, ASHLYN, AND NICOLE. Sorry if I forgot anybody, my brain is starting to forget a lot of things after being a way for so long. 
So General Conference was amazing!!! I absolutely loved every single minute of it closed in a room in the chapel with 6 others gringos watching on our plasma in English!!! Haha. It was great!!!!! I really love conference time and I am always way sad when it is over because I always feel so uplifted during it, and then when it ends I feel something is missing inside of me, but it helps me to realize all of the things that I need to get better at, I realize that I am in no way perfect, and the talks help me to understand how I can be perfect, while listening to the prophet talk I had a very spiritual experience. I listened to him and I could feel that he was talking from the power of god, and that he really is called of god, and then after his talk listen to the choir sing "we thank thee of god for a prophet" I felt the sprit like I never have before in my life, and it was so strong that I was almost brought to tears and I was just speechless after and I didn’t want to move, it helped me to gain such a stronger testimony of the church and the power of god here on the earth helping us throughout these last days. I love the church, and the priesthood that we have, I love the fact that we can feel the sprit in our lives, and that it can testify to us of the things we need to do, and the truthfulness of the things we need to learn. This church is true and I know it with all of my heart, and the apostles testified of that to us over these past 2 days. I really liked one talked in particular. From Elder M. Russell Ballard, about the member’s duty they have to help the work of the lord move forward. I know you are all rolling your eyes right now because a missionary is about to tell you that as members we all have something to do in the work, but it’s because it’s true, and here in Peru I get frustrated at times because certain members don’t think it is necessary to help us out. SO I DONT WANT YOU GUYS TO BE THOSE MEMBERS!!!! HELP THE MISSIONARIES!!!!! 
I don’t want to be mean about it, I just want to make my message clear. Elder Ballard gave us an invitation, he said from this date, until Christmas we should all PRAY for an opportunity to share the gospel with someone. IF EVERYONE SHARES IT WITH JUST 1 SINGLE PERSON MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WE BE ABLE TO HEAR OF OUR GOSPEL MESSAGE, AND WE WILL HELP THE LORD MOVE HIS WORK FORWARD!!!!!!!! Please take this invitation from an Apostle of Christ to heart and pray for someone so that you can share the gospel with them, present them to the missionaries, bring them to church, or a church activity, AND I PROMISE YOU ALL, YOU WILL SEE MIRACLES AND BLESSINGS IN YOUR OWN LIVES, AND IN THE LIVES OF THOSE YOU LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no way that we can deny this invitation; if we deny this we basically deny the power of god. 
I love this gospel and I want other people to love it too. These are the last days that we are in and we must help EVERYONE be prepared for their personal interview after this life. Conference helps us to know what we need to get better at and obviously as a church of god; this is something we need to get better at. 
So a little bit more from this week, so VERONICA GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! It was so special; you could tell this is something she wants in her life. but as I was baptizing her, she didn’t really understand the concept of plugging her nose, she just kind of face palmed herself, and then she didn’t want to go backwards into the water, she just kind of tried sitting down in the water, it was kind of interesting but she got baptized that’s the important part!!!!!!!! Not much else happened this week other than the stuff I told you on Wednesday. But guess what I did this morning. Our pension who we live in the same house, brought home an entire dead pig today and put it on the kitchen table, and said she is going to prepare it to it, but she was having troubles cutting off the head, so she asked me to do it, so I got to cut a pigs head off today, IT WAS AWESOME!!!!  I also gave it a kiss on the forehead haha. I know you are all disgusted by that, but welcome to the life in Peru!!!!! 
So I am sorry that nothing else happened but that’s because I just emailed you on Wednesday. So I don’t have much to say. Haha. But I love you all, and I hope you all continue studying the conference talks when they become availed.
 
Con mucho amor
ELDER GOASLIND
 
Ps. This week was transfers and I will be staying in Juliaca with Elder Bentson for one change more. And guess what there are so many missionaries now, they are dividing our zone!!! It’s awesome the work is growing!!!! 
Pss... Also it’s awesome that there are more than 15,000,000 members of the church now and 80.000 missionaries!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment