Monday, November 25, 2013

FIRST WEEK WITH NEW COMP...


Hey everybody!!!
 
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!!! I didn’t even know that Thanksgiving was on Thursday until one of the sister missionaries in the car ride back to Juliaca told me, and it caught me very off guard!!!
So this week has been absolutely insane bringing in a new missionary again, and helping him feel comfortable. 
So Tuesday morning Elder Bentson and I along with the company of some other missionaries all traveled to Cusco, those who had changes, those who were receiving new missionaries and those who are new leaders in the mission. So we traveled at 9:30 in the morning until about 3:30 in the afternoon when we finally got there and other missionaries were there waiting for us, and then it was a real surprise they told us, ¨well you won’t get your new comps today, just go with somebody and you have the whole day to do whatever you want¨ so me and 2 other elders went around visiting different places in Cusco, eating at McDonalds of course!! Haha but all in all it was a good day. 
So the next morning on Wednesday, at 8:30 all the new trainers had training with Presidente Harbertson for about 1 1/2 hours and then finally we got to meet our new companions. My new companion is Elder Solano, he is from Chimbote, Perù, and is 19 years old. He has been a member of the church for 10 years now, and HE IS AWESOME!!!! We get along great, and he was able to trust in me right from the start, he hasn’t had problems asking me how to do something, or when he needs help, and I can tell that we are going to work great together, he has a huge desire to learn English so we have been working on that a ton, and he is helping me to perfect my Spanish because after being with a gringo for so long my Spanish got pretty bad. So after receiving our comps they sent us all out to work in other sectors in Cusco, and guess what president gave me permission to go to Los Alamos, my very first sector, so we went there and got to visit people all day, we visited 2 of my converts my very first baptisms in the mission, Yanet and Bony, and when they opened the door and saw me Bony freaked out because we haven’t communicated since April!!!! And huge surprise, Yanet is pregnant!!! It was so good to be able to see them and talk with them for a little while, after that we went and visited the mission leader of the ward who is a gringo living in Peru, and we were always really close when I was there, and he and his wife took us out to eat dinner, but let’s just say it was so nice to be able and talk with those people and catch up seeing how they are doing!!!! 
So when we got back to Juliaca that day president didn’t want us to work, he just wanted us to make our comps feel like they are at home!!! So we got all his stuff organized and then the next days we started working. 
On Saturday we had a ward activity of helping hands, and we did free haircuts and free shoe shining for whoever wanted it and it went really well, we were able to get a bunch of reference from it, and the people really seemed to enjoy not having to pay, and don’t worry we weren’t the ones cutting hair, we have like 9 sisters in the ward who cut hair for their work. 
Well I am sorry that there is not much to talk about this week I have been a little distracted helping my comp and all that, but it was good to hear from all of you!!!
And just know that you are all in my prayers every day!!! I love and miss you, and can’t wait to hear from you next week!!!
 
Con Mucho Amor
ELDER GOASLIND















No comments:

Post a Comment